The REAL Deal: Homemade Macaroni-n-Cheese
It is definitely Homemade Macaroni-n-Cheese Night! Not the yucky box kind with the yellow-orange gel-like stuff, but REAL mac-n-cheese.
1. Preheat oven to 350◦F
2. Boil a 16oz. package of elbow noodles according to the package instructions, drain, and set aside.
3. Combine ingredients below in a small bowl.
¼ tsp. Dry Mustard
¼ tsp. Sea Salt
¼ tsp. Onion Powder
⅛ tsp. Black Pepper (to taste)
4. On the stovetop, in a saucepan, over medium heat:
¼ C Butter or Margarine
2 C Soy Milk
ADD Dry Mixture from Above, stirring constantly
1 C (4oz) Mozzerella Cheese, Shredded
1 C (4oz) Sharp Cheddar Cheese, Shredded
5. When the cheese has melted into the saucepan mixture, pour the noodles back into the pan and stir to coat all of the noodles with the mixture.
6. Pour the mixture into a greased 9 X 13 baking dish, top with 1 C shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese and optional cracker crumbs. Bake for 25 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 minutes before serving.
Entry filed under: Modesty Matters.