Paper or Plastic? (For Mom’s Eyes Only)
How about cloth? You use cloth diapers for your babies to avoid all of those harsh chemicals touching their skin, so why not use cloth for yourself? I’m working on some great patterns!
- Customizable for absorbency AND favorite sleep position
- Super Soft (Flannel & Fleece – Flannel Absorbs and Fleece provides a breathable barrier)
- Ultra-Comfortable (You’ll hardly know you’re wearing them.)
- Less Expensive: One Time Cost
- Better for the environment
- (Can be) Hand Made using a *PATENTED* Design in a smoke-free environment
- Unquestionably and Indisputably Better for YOU!
You can also feel GREAT about these because there’s…
- NO Formaldehyde (very potent neurotoxin) Used for water-proofing.
- NO Fluorescent Bleaching (chemicals known to be toxic to aquatic life and cause mutations in bacteria) Used to whiten the materials for implied cleanliness.
- NO Toxic Dioxin (extremely dangerous, linked to cancer, diabetes, endometriosis, infection, infertility, skin disorders, birth defects…) A byproduct of bleaching.
- NO Tributyl-tin [TBT] (Toxic chemical absorbed through the skin & stored forever in kidneys, liver, fat, and lung tissue; damages immune system, CNS, causes pituitary tumors…) A “biocide” used for killing or preventing the growth of bacteria.
- NO Sodium Polyacrylate Gel (carcinogenic/cancer causing, reproductive and developmental toxicity, TSS…) Used for absorbency – this is what tricks us into thinking we don’t need to change yet, no matter how unhealthy it really is to wait.
- NO Plastic or paper (not even PUL!) to encourage bacterial growth and odor by restricting air flow. (Used to stop/contain leaks.)
So, what do you think?
UPDATE: Here’s a look at the printable pattern for post-partum mommas. Instructions soon to follow! Modesty Matters PP Momma Pad
UPDATE #2 [21 NOV 2010]: Follow this link for the instructions (finally!).